Murray Darling Basin Plan
We are pleased to advise that the National Irrigators Council (NIC) have agreed to facilitate a special session on the Australian conference program relating to the Murray Darling Basin Plan. Speakers are invited to submit abstracts on several key aspects of the Murray Darling Basin Plan (see ‘call for papers’ on the website for details). NIC will also facilitate some keynote speakers and facilitated panel workshops with audience Q&A opportunities. Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in a discussion on the world’s most ambitious river and catchment recovery plan, Australia’s most important agricultural production area, it is also home to thousands of wetlands, including Ramsar listed wetlands, and other ecologically important assets.
- Where the Basin Plan sits as an internationally significant reform
- How Australia is going in implementing the Basin Plan
- The farmer experience
- The operation of the water markets
- Measuring progress on a major reform like the Basin Plan
- The challenges of major reform and achieving triple bottom line outcomes